23 October 2013

My GF year

Sorry its been a while
 
But I have been a little busy living my life...
So its been a little over a year since I cut gluten out of my diet...
OMG what a year its been.
 
 I haven't talked to ye since b4 the summer, oh and what a summer it was....
I cant even remember all I got up to, suffice to say, it was a whole lot more than any other summer over the last 11 years.
 
There was weddings, hiking trips, days at the beach, mountain climing,  days fishing, farming, even days at the bog....
 
What can I say, it might not all be good.... but you don't know how
 
 
Now don't get me wrong... I still have narcolepsy with cataplexy.
But the difference between me now, and me last year is unreal.
 
I work three days a week, and still have a nap every lunch time for about 20 minutes.
I usually bring my lunch with me, a salad of some sort or other, for a couple of reasons:
 
No 1: Its cheaper ;-)
No 2: I like my salads better :-))
& No 3:  I can be sure its deffo GF :-)))
Although there is no shortage of places to eat, a lot of places even have GF options written up on the menu's otherwise any restaurant is more than happy to accomidate me.
 
I find that not having carbs, especially during the day helps to keep me more alert, and you know if I really want carbs I'll have them in the evening when I don't mind falling asleep.
I've toyed with varyations of GF and have gotten great tips from different GF/LC diets, be it phase one of the atkins diet, Paleo/ primal diet, elana's pantry and so find plenty of alternatives, and ways to add variety to my diet, so I don't get bored!  
 
And I've lost over two stone since last year also.
The first stone (14lbs) just came off when I went GF in the first place, but the second one needed some convincing to come off ;-).
So I really stuck to low carb, high fat pretty much 90% of the time.
But GF 100% of the time....
 
So the benefits of going GF/LC have been.....
 
Way reduced EDS.
Brain Fog gone.
Memory way better.
Got off 10 pills a day.
Lost weight.
Kept it off.
Way more energy.
Sleeping better.
No more sore joints.
No craving carbs.
Digestion much better.
Happier.
Healthier.
&
Loving life
 
xxxxxxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment