04 October 2012

Day 2
Tuesday the 2nd of October
 
 Well day one got off to a bad start.  I took my pills in the morning only to find out Provigal has gluten in it.... ahhhhhh
 Anyway whats done is done,so i decided not to take my second dose, and continued on my GF mission. 
 
 I got a book on coeliac disease as coeliacs need to be completely gluten free, so I figured I need to do it wholeheartedly. I knew dam all about it, and it was a real eye opener!! So I would defiantly get a book like that.. Then I just planned a day ahead. Scrambled egg for breakfast, salad for lunch and fried mince with veg cooked wih a knor stock pot and mash.. Yummy , for snacks I had rice cakes, yogurt, and fruit!! Easy peasy! It's definitely worth a try!
 Also I've started a Facebook account for teens/ secondery students with narcolepsy to chat to each other about what they're facing and how they are getting on with it. It's under the name "Yawn Ireland" I'm there to answer any questions they might have. And introduce them to each other. I really think it is something that can help them get to grips with things.
Now back to my mission... it was my first full day off Provigal.  I had been on 400mg a day and even if i missed one by a couple of hours i would know it..
Today I didnt even miss it. I had my usual nap at lunch time and was fine driving there and back. I even done a few jobs when i got home!!!
Surely the Gluten free thing couldn't be working so quickly???
 
(by the way i am not incouraging anyone to give up any medication..) I am just telling my story, fact not fiction, the good the bad and the ugly... 

2 comments:

  1. I love that you started a facebook account for teens! My son is 18 and was diagnosed with Narcolepsy when he was 15. He started out medicated and then started the gluten free/low carb diet same as me in June of this year. I'm going to tell him to look on facebook for your account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya deffo, have him check us out its under the name "Yawn Ireland"
    Talking to people on your own wavelength is the best therapy i think... thanks for your encouragment..

    ReplyDelete